Reviews of Farmers Arms
- Bellagio Boys at The Farmers Arms were amazing. Outstanding food and service.A brilliant night all round. Hope to do it again soon!
LIsa Aston-Griffiths Reviewed 12th February 2013 10:59 AM
- I am totally addicted to this place, curryoke on a Wednesday is amazing with homemade curry and a drink for a fiver plus a sing after, steak night on a Thursday is so lush, it's cheaper to eat here than to cook at home, please try u will love it, staff are so friendly they treat you like family x
Gavlar Reviewed 29th January 2013 11:53 AM
- Went for lunch today with a friend who hasn't been to the farmers arms in a long time .She was very impressed with the food the friendly staff and its decor .You wont be disappointed if you visit i never have been.
maureen davies Reviewed 11th January 2013 10:03 PM
- Had a two course sunday lunch today the food was excelent and the staff very friendly and helpful.Maybe a bob or two more expensive than some places but worth every penny,will be coming back in the spring thanks everyone
Graham Keyte Reviewed 2nd December 2012 5:48 PM
- popped down on thursday (22.11.12) with my wife Amy on the off chance, took full advantage of the wine and steak deal- two steak meals and a bottle of wine for just £20! - i bet you're thinking the same as i did, where's the catch? well, i can tell you there definitely isn't one and it was an incredible meal - steaks were perfectly cooked and came with everything you'd need, real chips, grilled tomato, salad garnish and mushrooms to die for (the staff would not tell me what they were cooked in, apparently they are sworn to secrecy) the wine was very enjoyable as well, according to my wife who took a second bottle home - we definitely be returning soon
Sheldon Cooper Reviewed 26th November 2012 12:24 AM
- this is a good little pub , good for food and drink, it is not the ritz but very good service with a smile ive been there many times and always had a good meal with most of the food being home made. there is a new gerden at the rear of the pub that is nice and very well mantained also a childrens play area to the front of the pub all in all if your after a good quite pub with original pub grub and nothing to fancy this is a winner
chris Reviewed 3rd November 2012 11:45 AM
- We had a terrible meal on 12/10/12 in the evening one meal was returned uneaten on two others the fish was over cooked the sweet's were only just warm WILL NOT BE RETURNING
T Shaw Reviewed 15th October 2012 7:50 AM
Went for Sunday due to the reviews, what a disappointment fresh vegetables but frozen Yorkshire pudding, small portions for my husband, excess water on the plate from the vegetables. Only a choice of two puddings and no starters. I did not want a pudding but still had to pay the full £9.95 defiantly not worth it and will not return.
Sarah Maye Reviewed 17th June 2012 1:57 PM
- i have try the food at the pub and the drinks. the landlord and his family has running the pub! and the staff are helpful to the people with the order at the bar.the is the pooltable if you play was well, on the wednesday night there is a kaligh night and there is also is a curry night. and there is a thursday there is a quiz aswell. on saturday if you on there you can wacth tv or you can play pool on the pooltable. you can meet your mate or your friends or bring you family there to have a meal and the drinks as well.if you and family had been to the seawall and call in on the way back home. and have lunch there.
stella keyte Reviewed 13th June 2012 1:52 PM
- At last a pub in newport with great food, great beer and nice people, cannot believe people have put bad reviews, have tried most of the menu, all excellent, SUNDAY LUNCH a must, the only downside is there needs to be more of a play area for the children, which I was led to believe is going to be addressed, if this was addressed we would be more inclined to go more often with the children, but they got bored. So it is more suited for couples etc without kids, shame because its a fabulous place, but as we are a family we need to have the children happy and entertained, otherwise we would be there more often.
Emily Reviewed 11th June 2012 6:48 PM
- what a turn around this place has had, everything is clean and fresh, food is high quality, staff are friendly, professional and cater well to your needs. couldn't have dreamt for a better meal and atmosphere. BRAVO
Keith Reviewed 21st April 2012 4:27 PM
- Wonderful food.... Highly recommended
Soph Wills Reviewed 24th February 2012 7:06 PM
- Wow I have to say what a hidden gem Newport has to offer, went for a drive with the wife and kids to the sea wall and found the farmers arms, me and the misses had the fillet steak and the kids both had the salmon stars, best steak I've had in a long time and amazing prices too, will be recommending it to friends and family 10 out of 10
John Foster Reviewed 7th December 2011 5:12 PM
- My boyfriend and I went for a meal here, food was lovely great service. we will be going again, but will be taking a couple of friends with us.
Lisa Stevens Reviewed 30th November 2011 11:02 AM
- Came here for Sunday lunch and just had to tell you all how amazing it really is, fresh cooked vegetables, selection of meats - i had the lamb which was to die for - home made gravy which is ridiculously moreish, lovely helpful staff and over all great value, will be back for my sunday roast very soon!!
Randy Marsh Reviewed 29th November 2011 2:07 PM
- Went here through recommendation of a friend with a group of 5 others and what an excellent recommendation it was, the staff are all friendly and well presented. The menu is diverse and well prepared as is the food itself, had a lovely meal in a great atmosphere and enjoyed a couple of drinks around the open fire after wards. Loved it so much we have booked a family meal for the Christmas menu in December. Overall great value, great food and great place.
Happy Customer Reviewed 22nd November 2011 6:21 PM
- 1st class food, grate prices, had the red snapper and would have it again, and again, will be back soon and will be having our Christmas work party there to. About time I had real food and not the usual frozen pub grub
Bingo wings Reviewed 19th November 2011 2:59 PM
- Only go here for a drink and do not order any food. The chef can only cook well done or should I say cremated. Out of 9 meals ordered 7 could not be eaten and the landlord did not have the balls to discuss the problems with us so he sent one of his staff. Had to wait over an hour for the food and then what a disappointment. Go to The Man of Gwent - highly recomended, never had a bad meal, always excellent
Unfortunate customer Reviewed 7th November 2011 1:18 PM
- surprise 80th birthday meal disgusting over hour wait. Steaks tough couldn't cut with steak knife. Gammon and chicken dried up.Healthy portion of scampi means that you get four pieces.Memorable occasions for all the wrong reasons. Did not pay for food x
blountbowley Reviewed 6th November 2011 7:02 PM
- Had Sunday lunch soooo gorgeous, real meat, real veg, gravy to die for. So good went back for a meal in the week again thrilled and left full. My 5 year old son loved the horse swings and all the attention he received from the lovely staff. I really can not fault the place its in a beautiful setting and really is a little treasure of Newport
Claire Jones Reviewed 21st July 2011 2:03 PM
- NOW OPEN FULLY REFURBISHED AND RE-DECORATEDLOVLEY OWNERS AND STAFF FOOD IS GREAT GOING TO TRY THEIR SUNDAY LUNCH NEXT
GLYN RAMBO Reviewed 20th July 2011 9:06 AM
- 20/7/11 jest celebrated my fathers birthday here was exerlent staff were amazing food was 1st class and low prices compared to other pubs in the area will deffernatly be going again
tim williams Reviewed 20th July 2011 8:57 AM
Rating history and distribution
Add a review
Photos of Farmers Arms
Add a photo
Countybella Terrace, Countybella Terrace, Pill, NP20 2JW (3.63 miles)
Riverfront, Civic Centre, Newport, NP20 2NS (3.99 miles)
Maindee, Civic Centre, Newport, NP19 8ZY (4.18 miles)
Kingsway, Civic Centre, Newport, NP20 1EX (4.22 miles)
Park Square, Park Square, Newport, NP20 4EL (4.25 miles)
Train stations near
Newport (South Wales) (4.66 miles)
Severn Tunnel Junction (6.80 miles)
Rogerstone (7.24 miles)
Caldicot (7.48 miles)
Risca and Pontymister (8.55 miles)
ATM cash points near
These cash machines are near to Farmers Arms Pub
Farmers Arms is listed as a local pub for the following areas
Goldcliff, Broadstreet Common, Whitson, Pye Corner