Reviews of Hootys
- Im from manchester and come up to walsall to visit my gran, we often go to hootys and i love it! Went yesterday and got loads of little bits for xmas presents, has good stationary and has so much christmas stuff its hard not to get excited! Some of its tat, but some of the stuff is really good! I bought a stand to hold all my necklaces on for 2pounds and its fab. I also get some make up from there, alot of the make up is awful and tacky but its okay for mascara and blusher ect
Rachel Reviewed 10th November 2013 11:45 AM
- Hootys is brilliant for seasonal holidays, Easter, Halloween, Christmas etc. the rest of the stuff they sell can be bought for the same price or cheaper elsewhere.
A definite big NO NO is the food van, if you can call it food, it is disgusting, this place should be checked by he food standards agency, they must know someone on the inside because this van would not pass a genuine inspection, remember on exiting the store take a sharp left you will miss the van and its disgusting stink.
Ray Butler Reviewed 8th October 2013 3:43 PM
- great for christmas and party things finding most of the stuff far cheaper at b&ms and poundstretcher avoid the burger van thou had burger and the bap just crumbled while eating was that stale tasted stale the onions were burnt and the tom sauce was watered down had bad bellyache for 24 hrs avoid standards rubbish wouldnt recommend at all sorry
tracy crutchley Reviewed 3rd June 2013 11:33 AM
- Great for Christmas lights and general household items. Staff very helpful but be aware of the burger van outside, give me the shits for two days
Chris Reviewed 16th December 2012 8:20 AM
- Was very busy christmas lights are great I had a bacon an tomato bap from van out side was on loo all night won't be having food again from there again ...
Shana Reviewed 30th November 2012 10:09 PM
- we go to hootys about 5 times a year we live in Birmingham and have found most of the staff very friendly and helpfull like any other wholesaler there are bargins to be had and other items that you could buy cheaper elsewere as well as quality -well you can always do that and you only get what you pay for .I feel on the whole you get good value for money and would recomend Hootys to anyone ,as for the food van outside I`ve tried it twice and both times found the food to be cold,greasy and not really edible so i no longer buy anything from it.my choice some people may like the food like that
Mr Anthony Gfiffiths Reviewed 3rd November 2012 7:02 PM
- purchased some goods from store in october served by a very helpful girl named alison shes a little gem and a credit to hootys
p and s beechdale Reviewed 29th October 2012 7:10 PM
- paid £3 for a burger and had more grease than athens was going to give it my dog but i love my dog my advice pay £1.39 and get a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds
the burster beechdale Reviewed 30th September 2012 7:32 PM
- i go to hootys quite a lot,i think there are some really good bargins to be found if you have a good look round the shop,i always buy much more than i need (lol) the staff are friendly most of the prices are good and the burger van outside is the great,iv always had good food from there it's a bit pricey compared to most buger vans but you get what you pay for....good quality food.
E Curtis Reviewed 29th August 2012 3:53 PM
- its ok but the chocolate is just as cheap as the supermarket and if u want the runs just visit the burger bar outside
steve jackson Reviewed 28th August 2012 3:52 PM
- hooty's are great if you want a bargain you have to keep an eye out for some cheap rubbish but ive seen things in hootys at b&q for twice and even three times as much would definetly recommend a visit, as for the burger bar outside i would have to agree over priced and hygiene was an issue, i had the runs after eating a sausage and egg sandwich, be warned stay clear!
D Wootton Reviewed 24th August 2012 10:54 AM
- friends told me chocolate was cheap but its cheaper at sainsburys and morrisons nuff sed
philko Reviewed 23rd August 2012 3:34 PM
- I've had a bad experience with the buger van situated on the car park. Not only was I going to be charged £1 extra for one slice of bacon, that night my stomach was extremely uncomfortable. Very over priced, food not that great, wound not recommend.
The store itself is great and agree with all the comments above.
J.peters Reviewed 10th June 2012 10:19 AM
- can be good for a bargin , but watch the food as ive brought some items and 3 of them were past there sell by date
james Reviewed 4th April 2012 3:11 PM
- some stuff is ok lot of typical vera duckworth collection wouldnt buy food from there heaters blowing warm all over it
nigel Reviewed 23rd March 2012 6:10 PM
- I feel I must comment on the lovely staff at Hooty's. This week we were looking for a coat stand, the one we wanted was out of stock so, when we (that's the Wife and I) went to check out our goods I said to the cashier, "is there a phone number on the receipt"? Yes she replied and I said because we wanted a coat stand but they were out of stock and didn't know when the next delivery was. The cashier went to the customer service and explained to the young lady at the desk about our plight. The customer service lady sorted things out immediately, she took our phone number and said she would ring us the next day when the goods where delivered. Both these ladies where so helpful I feel I must give them my highest praise. If only some other stores had staff so helpful it would make shopping that little more pleasant. When we went back the following day for our coat stand we purchased more goods so, not only where your staff so helpful a little more money went into the till than we would have normally spent. Ladies, you know who you are, WELL DONE. From two satisfied customers.
Alan & June.
Alan & June Reviewed 4th February 2012 3:28 PM
- I love Hootys too. I go there most weeks for great bargains. The seasonal items cover a good range at very good prices. I recommend Hootys over other simler stores, Hootys tends to come in much better value.
Anita Reviewed 3rd February 2012 6:20 PM
- agree with above we travel from leicester and always pop in and stock with items on our way back good value
Anthony Reviewed 3rd November 2011 10:03 PM
- I love Hooty's. They have amazing prices, choices and excellent seasonal merchandise. It does get really busy at weekends, but there is plenty of parking. Try the burger van on site for a delicious burger or hot pork bap after all the shopping.
Dee Motani Reviewed 24th October 2011 4:30 PM
Rating history and distribution
Add a review
Photos of Hootys
Add a photo
Upper High street, Upper High Street, Wednesbury, WS10 7HQ (2.36 miles)
Hawkes lane, Hawkes Lane, Wednesbury, WS10 7HB (2.39 miles)
Hill top, Wednesbury, B70 0RT (2.44 miles)
Market Place (Wednesbury), Market Place, Wednesbury, WS10 7AY (2.46 miles)
Albert street, Albert Street, Wednesbury, WS10 7DF (2.50 miles)
Train stations near
Wolverhampton (2.71 miles)
Coseley (2.72 miles)
Bescot Stadium (2.98 miles)
Walsall (3.01 miles)
Bloxwich (3.23 miles)
ATM cash points near
These cash machines are near to Hootys Supermarket
Hootys is listed as a local supermarket for the following areas
Willenhall CV3, Walsall WS1, Moxley, Walsall WS2, Walsall WS5, Wednesfield, Willenhall WV13, Bilston