Reviews of Travelodge Head Office
- I don't bother with Travelodge any more. They charge for parking. Was going to stay at a Torquay Travelodge, but found a wonderful B & B. Brakfast was marvellous. Cheaper than Travelodge, NO CHARGE FOR PARKING.
Mr Alan Pittam. Reviewed 9th December 2013 12:21 AM
- We have stayed at hotels across the planet but Travel Lodge has the worst reputation then all the others put together for dirty rooms to ripping customers off and it's getting worse all the time when you leave a message like we have some minion probably working for them doctors the messages to suite themselves
Roger/Audrey Rowley Reviewed 6th July 2013 10:10 PM
Roger Rowley/ Audrey Rowley Reviewed 6th July 2013 5:57 PM
- How CAN I review a hotel - can't even book it! Every contact/'Help' window ends up as just a blank white window. Keep them out! Why do I look for 'Help'? Because the same limitations apply to their booking site - given all card details; filled all the boxes; then it just locks and, again, nothing happens. Am I booked - or not? Do I want to start again? No way. Next stop Premier Inns, or anybody offering contact...
Should be zero stars below, but they won't let you leave it blank.
john Fullard Reviewed 17th June 2013 9:14 PM
- Booked Travelodge Pridgend Pencoed for two nights: 4th-6th May, family room for 3 adutlts. Arrived approx. 9.10 p.m. after a long journey, tired and ready for bed - only to be told that the hotel has been double booked and we have no room!!!! How is this possible? Paid on-line, got confirmation and 'check in is any time after 3p.m.', as stated on my confirmation e-mail!!!
We were offered an alternative accommodation 10 miles back on M4, where we had just come from!!!! Under the circumstances, we had to accept... As compensation, we were offered 3 breakfast boxes and travel expenses between the two hotels... In my opinion this was grossly inadequate!
The M4 Travelodge staff was friendly and apologetic. However, the room was not ready and we had to go back to the reception to ask for bedding for the 3rd person. Breakfast boxes were promised to be brought to the room in the morning at an agreed time.... This didn't happen! We had to go and ask for them?! The contents were not worthy of the price quoted on-line?
Arrangements were made for us the following morning to return to our original hotel. The new member of staff was friendly, apologetic and supportive. The room was supposed to be ready, as we called in during the day to make sure we have a definite booking. It was not ready; there were not enough towels, soap or cups. The room was clean and comfortable though.
This was our first booking at Travelodge - and definitely our last!
Be aware of Travelodge's policy of OVER BOOKING! The fact that you have paid for your accommodation and the deal has been confirmed doesn't seem to guarantee a good night's sleep!!!!
Mrs Gough Reviewed 8th May 2013 11:52 AM
- I had the misfortune to stay in the TL Cardiff Central Queens Strret lat weekend for 2 nights. I decided on this one as it was close to the Castle where the wedding ws being held. The window in my room was locked so no fresh air and the room smelt musty. The soap was not big enough to wash a flea.There was a fixed shower but no showe cap and no hair dryer.No shampoo etc There was no proper wardrobe with closeing doors, just a rail at the side of the room.No bed side cabinet, no phone no radio alarm. The breakfast was disgusting! Cold congealed scrambled egg, a suasage that tasted "off" undercooked bacon. The roller coaster toast machine either the toat came out anemic or burnt (I did ry to change the settings!)I deided to cancel the breakfast on the second morning a complete waste of money! The ONLY good thing about it was the staff on Reception very friendly and helpful.I have never stayed in a TL before and will never do so again. In the future i's back to Preemier Inn they have everything there for a comfortable pleasant stay. DISGUSTED!!!!
maureen crossley Reviewed 18th April 2013 3:09 PM
- Stayed last night in the Watford central travel lodge. To summarise in one word the service and cleanliness was DIsgusting. Furthermore I have been charged twice for one room and I cant even call the customer sercvices, the hotel manager is unavailable, and the online chat service is not responding. The room was smelling like a smokers cabin. The bed was as soft as a concrete floor. The carpet was full of stains. Bathroom was falling apart. Bulbs missing in the side lamps. Swicthes not working. Room windows wont open. To top it up abolutely disgusting customer service in the morning by the recioptanist. Please please do not stay in any travel lodge.
Mazeen Reviewed 18th January 2013 11:14 AM
- DISGUSTING ,UPTON WAY.WOULD GIVE RATING A MINUS 5 STARS.WILL BE PUTTING PICTURES ON THIS PAGE AS WELL
j a parsons Reviewed 18th January 2013 1:47 AM
- Why does TRAVELODGE continue with its outdated and expensive policy of charging for wifi? Almost every B&B in the country has FREE wifi and it is a BIG consideration when I am booking a room. Travelodge's present wifi policy is costing the company a lot of money, as I for one go elsewhere. So on the wifi I am giving you one star.
John Falconer Reviewed 28th October 2012 10:55 AM
- I was booked into Hickstaed Travel for for one night and on arrival found the hotel very shabby and the room in dire need of a refurb. window catches either broken or missing, sofa bed dirty, mattress dirty, pillows smelly, bedside cabinets sticky, bathroom smelly and when we told reception that the place was too dirty for us to stay there they just said o.k. This would have been the first and definitely the last time we will book with travel lodge we normally stay with premier inns and think travel lodge should visit some of their hotels to learn how to run a successful hotel chain. I don't want to award even one star but my comments won't be accepted unless I do.
Mrs. D Moore Reviewed 27th August 2012 10:29 AM
- Stayed in Enfield Travelodge and was pleasantly surprised, particularly given the reviews posted here. Received a warm welcome, was shown to my room and got a good night's sleep. The real surprise was breakfast, though. I'm a vegetarian, and was shown to my table for breakfast and placed my order. I thoroughly enjoyed it - toast made from beautiful bread, scrambled eggs with little flecks of parsley, roasted flat mushrooms oozing with good olive oil, and decent (for once!) veggie sausages. I didn't ask, but the orange juice certainly tasted freshly squeezed. My plate wasn't hot enough, so my beans didn't stay hot for long, but I am nit-picking. Really not what I expected at the price I paid. Thanks to all at Travelodge Enfield for a lovely stay.
Mr Moran Reviewed 14th August 2012 1:26 PM
- Stayed at the Stratford Upon Avon travelodge, and as everyone else has said, in a disgusting dirty state. Again I have only been offered a 50% evoucher refund. This chain of hotels is obviously in a very fast downward spiral, and I think the best thing we should all do is forward photographs and information to watchdog and the national press to make the country aware of the low standards. Travelodge as a company should be ashamed of the way it's treating it's customers. Cleanliness doesn't come at as high a price as loss of custom and loyalty!! Premier inn may be slightly higher priced, and it is only slightly, but the standards are much much higher, with lots more loyalty and respect for their customers. Maybe travelodge should take a leaf from Premier Inn's book.
Come on travelodge, man up and face these customers with some proper apologies and compensation.
Danny Marsland Reviewed 2nd August 2012 1:08 PM
- Carlisle M6 Travelodge scruffy as usual and well above advertsied "prices from.."
Even one star is generous but cannot ngive less.
DJH Reviewed 23rd June 2012 8:39 AM
- Stayed at the Travel Lodge High Wycombe. Upon check-out the card machine was not working properly and was ordered to pay by cash. Upon checking bank statement Travel Lodge had actually taken the money from my credit card also. I am still trying to get a refund with no luck - they cannot provide you with an email address - the receptionist was rude and very unhelpful.
I would never again stay in a travel lodge I would rather pay a bit extra to avoid being ripped off!
Reed Reviewed 20th June 2012 11:31 AM
- Booked three rooms at the Stoke Talke Travelodge for two nights last week. All I can say was thoroughly disgusted. The rooms were advertised as family rooms and I feel very strongly this was not the case. In all my family of six adults and three very young children were shown. about six rooms.All were very dirty, stains on carpets ,dirty furniture,a bag over a smoke alarm, brown stains in bathroom, half an eaten roll under the sofa bed.. need I go on. I appreciate Travelodge is a budget hotel but surely it should be meeting a certain standard for cleanliness and health and safety? I have complaine and have been offered half of my families money back in an e.voucher but to be quite honest none of us really want to stay with Travelodge again after being loyal customers for many years. I think it is about time Mr Hearn the Chief Executive of TL should be informed of the way his business is being run down in certain areas but it is not even possible to obtin an e.mail address to contact his office. I have never complained about anything like this before but feel very strongly not just for myself but for my family that they were offered sub standard accomodation. It's ok building new Travelodges near the Olympic site but the old established Travelodges are being left to get run down.
S Tobias Reviewed 13th June 2012 9:44 PM
- what a joke the hotel is not good i would sleep in a park then go to travelodge
adam cooper Reviewed 8th June 2012 4:31 PM
- Currentley lying on the bed of my second room in 10 min and it's shocking
The first room the sink was blocked , could smell the drains n generally grubby
2 nd room too very grubby no picture on the tv
I'd rate this by India standards as a 1star if that
Hotel is kings cross travel lodge
Stay away it's a dump
Mr rafferty Reviewed 21st May 2012 5:57 PM
- Stayed at Birmingham Airport Travelodge. Arrived back expecting to get to sleep but found at 12.20am reception doors open when they were supposed to be locked from 10pm to 6am. Teenagers lounging in reception area surrounded by a fog of cannabis. Two teenagers in car park smoking joints and doors to corridors leading to rooms open. These are supposedly only accessible by room card. Obviously not!! We were so disgusted that we checked out there and then and made the 105 mile journey home instead of staying. Never again!!!
Mel Shaw Reviewed 13th April 2012 1:04 PM
- I recently booked 5 rooms for the new Travel Lodge at Cricklewood and payed in advance which was required. On arrival at 2-15 on the Sat 25th Feb, we were not allowed to book into the rooms we were told until 3 o clock so I had to visit my son in East london did not return until 9-30 pm that night. we booked 5 family rooms but on arrival that evening we were offered two double rooms and one family room which was dirty with no towells or duvette for the sofa bed. the two other rooms they could not locate on the computer and told me the hotel was overbooked.Eventually at 12-45 am that Sunday morning I finally through my own work got a pair of double rooms sorted and I carried a bed from one room to another to accomadate our needs. the next morning two of our party which came to check in later ended sleeping on the floor in their respected rooms .The rooms were dirty and had no towells or toilet paper ,its a disgrace that the management in this establishment is not managing the premises and we are expected to pay for this service.I payed in advance and I see why, as I would not have paid after wwhat I went through. No star rating
Robert Condon Harmonymusic . Reviewed 7th March 2012 4:57 PM
- hotels have always been excellant. have used them many times.
however tried to change a booking because website very confusing.
now spend hours going round in circles on website. they just want our money no interest in even a minimal level of customer service.
next time will try travelinns they have always been superior
stuart hogg Reviewed 27th February 2012 8:31 PM
- Got a refund on a cancelled room in record time. Well done Travelodge.
M Mann Reviewed 22nd February 2012 4:14 PM
- Halfway thro booking, page froze, so went back and repeated. Result was I was invoiced and charged for 2 rooms. Phoned CS and they cancelled one room and said I'd get an e-voucher. Have phoned again but they just say "we'll phone u" and they never do. Was a big advocate of TL but not any more.
M Mann Reviewed 21st February 2012 2:13 PM
- Gateshead Travelodge-very poor. Carpet grubby/room smelt. Double bed dipped in middle-couldn't sleep because of this, also some other guests screaming and running up and down corridors, yet no attempts made to stop this.Tried to see receptionist in the morning for a hairdryer and to raise the above issues but no-one available.
Mrs Silvester (and Mr Silvester) Reviewed 18th February 2012 9:17 PM
- We tried to book a room but the website crashed. We went back the next day and the rate had jumped up. No choice but feel ripped off. Tried to find a customer service dept but to no avail. First time ever I have booked and I am certain that this will be the last. Only booked because of the location and no Premier Inn nearer. Shocking.
Matt Clarke Reviewed 17th January 2012 3:02 PM
Hanaghan Reviewed 6th December 2011 3:00 PM
- We stayed at Manchester Central on Sat 26th Nov.
We only had 3 pillows, I asked for a 4th and 5 hrs later when we came back they had run out. Our bathroom floor was grimy, the curtain shower had mold all along it, the base of the bath panel was missing, a light fitting had no cover on it, chewing gum on the floor, 2 lift carpets where filthy, one had 3 banks of lights out, the condiments at breakfast on Sunday morning had a loo roll included as they had run out of serviettes. I have sent photo's and emails in to the customer care team, but doubt I will hear anything back. I wish I could make it a half star, so will will have to do
Mr Bob 'F****ing Angry' Hopson Reviewed 29th November 2011 1:08 PM
Susan Turner Reviewed 13th November 2011 8:08 PM
- South Cave Travelodge Yorkshire Room 3
3 night Stay end of October 2011
Bathroom floor not cleaned on arrival and waste bin had not been cleared of unpleasant contents
Carpets not vacuumed during stay
Cups not washed 2nd Night
Bed not made on 3rd night
Toilet not flushing correctlydue to local problem with sewers
E Morton Reviewed 11th November 2011 5:40 PM
- After reading reviews of customers being charged twice I to had my card rejected I phoned my bank to see if there was a problem with my card and was told no problems with my card the problem is with Travelodge I am a pensioner with a diabled husband and cant believe Travelodge has done this to their customers I have contacted Consummers Advice and they told me this is illegal and to write to head office as I to have had no response to e-mails
Sylvia Graham Reviewed 1st November 2011 9:54 PM
Mr & Mrs J White Reviewed 20th August 2011 5:06 PM
- i booked 3 nites at blackpools south promanade arrivel dates 22-7-2011 23-7-2011--24-7-2011 when i arrived at hotel was told we were not booked into this hotel but were booked into south shore this was icomplained about this at the time i have e-mail to the fact we were booked into plackpools south promanarde sent 4e-mails to travelodge to this afect got no response from them
mr d sharpe Reviewed 7th August 2011 12:20 PM
- I booked at the Birmingham Boadway Plaza Hotel to stay over a four week period, I was given room No.170. The bed was very uncomfortable, Hot water was luke warm to cold, the room was draughty, When I complained next morning, they changed the room, but the bed was too old and the springs made lot of noise when i turned, the hot water situation was just as bad. Whe I raised the issue with the receptionist, I was told that it was the hotel policy to keep the at low temprature. This week after a lot argument they changed the mattress, which accepatble, but the supply of hotwater issue is unresolved, futher more, rooms are not vaccum cleaned, toilet and bathromm are not cleaned on a daily basis, nor the rooms are dusted regularly, the cleaing staff are rude. I am dreading my next twoweeks stay. Should I cancel my booking and go to Premier Inn who are far superior. I asked for the hotel manager, but the reception staff will not allow me get in touch with the manager. Is this the best quality of service this hotel can provide.
Tajuddin Dalvi Reviewed 9th March 2011 5:14 PM
- Whilst booking a room last Friday,and after completing my details your comp crashed, after trying again and being successful l now find l have 2 rooms and have been charged twice. l sent 4 emails and tried phoning but with no response
Pamela Mason Reviewed 7th March 2011 3:36 PM
- Sir,Last Friday we tried to book a room with Travel Lodge but their web site wouldn't let us complete the transaction, saying my card wasn't accepted. My son used his card and it said the same, he checked his balance, there were sufficient funds so he tried again. All went through, room booked for 3 nights (?306.00) but when my son checked his account the system had taken 2 payments, I checked my account, sure enough it had taken a payment from my account.1 room 3 charges. ?918.00! Now we are unable to get any response from e-mails or phone numbers.
Miriam Rogers Reviewed 2nd March 2011 9:38 AM
Rating history and distribution
Add a review
Photos of Travelodge Head Office
Add a photo
Waitrose-Thame, Greyhound Walk, Thame, OX9 3ZD (2.04 miles)
Greyhound Walk Centre, Greyhound Lane, Thame, OX9 3DY (2.12 miles)
Cattle Market, Thame, OX9 3FD (2.15 miles)
Southern Road, Southern Road, Thame, OX9 2EE (2.21 miles)
Townfield Hill, Easington, SR8 3PN (2.41 miles)
Train stations near
Haddenham and Thame Parkway (0.49 miles)
Monks Risborough (5.89 miles)
Princes Risborough (6.06 miles)
Little Kimble (6.33 miles)
Aylesbury (6.46 miles)
ATM cash points near
These cash machines are near to Travelodge Head Office Hotel
Travelodge Head Office is listed as a local hotel for the following areas
Kingsey, Ickford, Long Crendon, Waterstock, Great Haseley, Pyrton, Stoke Talmage, Tetsworth, Tiddington, Moreton, South Weston, Towersey, Adwell, Thame, Chinnor OX9, Postcombe, Sydenham, Chinnor OX39, Easington, Chearsley