Reviews of Cheap Shop Tiptree
- A first time visit for items for granddaughter's doll's house. Absolutely wonderful! They had everything I could ever want at very reasonable prices, and the lady who served me was extremely pleasant and helpful. Parking was a problem, but I have now learned that there are community spaces available in the nearby Tesco. A real Aladdin's Cave of a shop - highly-recommended.
Chris Manning Reviewed 21st May 2016 2:26 PM
- Very disappointing. Spent £36 on cake decorations to find the £12 flower cutter I bought is £4 in sainsburys. Exactly same make and product.
Fiona Reviewed 20th January 2014 9:49 PM
- This shop is amazing, I have been going there for all sorts of craft supplies for years. I never come out without spending money, even when going in for a specific item I come out with more than I intended. I have always found the staff to be polite and am about to go there now.
Jules Reviewed 19th September 2013 12:58 PM
- I use this shop regularly and always find the staff helpful. The shop is packed full of loads of stock but I am pleased they try to stock everything they can and don't mind it being a bit crammed at times. I enjoy visits there and always find what I am looking for.
Angie Fiddaman Reviewed 22nd April 2013 8:08 AM
- I visited the shop for the first time last week - love it!
I will be back next week to get supplies for sewing and knitting projects.
Julie Reviewed 31st March 2013 2:56 AM
- I went to The Cheap Shop to buy fabrics and found the staff very pleasant and helpful, both in the material dept. and haberdashery. Prices not cheap, but pretty much the same as anywhere else. The variety of stock is amazing, both for sewing and craft. We were fascinated by the huge display of doll's house furniture and appliances! A good visit all round...
Nancy Lavender Reviewed 1st November 2012 9:39 AM
- wanting a specific cake tin for a specific date to make a special occasion cake I was told they dont book tins out. Very difficult if you were to be making a wedding cake and want 3 sizes to be told perhaps only 2 available on the day you go in As they are booked the shop wont be losing custom. Also the assistant I spoke to on the phone had no idea of prices for hiring out tins
Perhaps the shop need to review this policy and allow customers to pre book these items
Anon Reviewed 22nd March 2012 11:59 AM
- Admittedly this was once a brilliant place for craft resources - but they have branched out into far too many areas - in relation to the very narrow confines of the shop - and their ability to supply a wide range of haberdashery has been reduced in the last 12 years.
There is no time to stop and take a proper look at something before you become an obstacle to other customers. The service was always pretty miserable but the quality of the goods used to outweigh this particular drawback.
I have become disabled since my last visit in 2010 -and I spent quite a bit of yesterday afternoon being ignored when I was clearly struggling.
Once I had gained the lady's attention she was downright rude and offhand: "well - are you having this or not?" was the response when I was unsure about an item.
I asked for cord for a sports top and she merely gestured vaguely towards a high shelf. With one hand in a splint and using a walking aid, how the Hell was I supposed to find what I wanted?
It was only when my husband arrived at the counter that she remembered to have some manners.
In spite of the shop's name it is not 'cheap' - but that can certainly be said for the attitude of this particular woman.
I felt very upset after my experience there - and will never visit this store again.
M. Mills Reviewed 15th December 2011 12:54 AM
Rating history and distribution
Add a review
Photos of Cheap Shop Tiptree
No photos posted yet
Be the first to post a photo!
Add a photo
Park Let, Courtyard Offices Braxted Park Road Suite 11, Great Braxted, Witham, Essex CM8 3GA (2.68 miles) Phone 0844 745 4977
Kelvedon Station, Kelvedon Station Station Road, Kelvedon, CO5 9NP (3.07 miles)
Mayland Road, Mayland Road, Witham, CM8 2BL (4.74 miles)
Witham Station, Easton Road Witham Station, Witham, CM8 2BS (4.82 miles)
The Grove Centre, Witham, CM8 2YT (4.85 miles)
Train stations near
Kelvedon (3.08 miles)
Witham (4.85 miles)
Marks Tey (5.17 miles)
White Notley (7.01 miles)
Hatfield Peverel (7.14 miles)
ATM cash points near
These cash machines are near to Cheap Shop Tiptree Shop
More shops close to Tiptree
This is the only shop we have listed in the area of Tiptree